Summer is just around the corner and it seems like everyone is jumping into a new healthy diet. Starting a new diet can be hard sometimes, but there are some ways to make it better by incorporating your favorite fruits and vegetables in all of your meals.
Fruits and vegetables will benefit you in your new diet because they’re low in calories, making them a great source to lose those extra pounds you want to get rid of. Not only are you shedding some weight off, but you’re getting your vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants in as well that can protect you from chronic diseases. Lastly, when you’re choosing your fruits and vegetables pick and choose an assortment of color, because the different colors provide different benefits for you!
Here are some ways you can incorporate your fruit and vegetables into your diet:
• Dried fruit when you’re on the go and don’t have time to sit and eat
• Mix your fruit into your yogurt or cereal
• Fruit smoothies
• Add vegetables to your salads and sandwiches
• Dip your vegetables into hummus, peanut butter or just any type of dipping sauce you prefer
• Roast your vegetables for an extra flavor for your meals