To our valued customers and suppliers:
As a key part of the supply chain throughout much of the Midwest, Capital City Fruit wants to ensure everyone that we have taken several key measures to prevent the possible spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture has declared on its coronavirus FAQ page: “We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging.”
- All CDC – WHO and State of Iowa guidelines are being taken seriously and implemented.
- Cleaning high touch surfaces twice per day.
- Many of our office staff Produce Account Executives, Buyers and Sales Team are working from home.
- Hand washing is required multiple times throughout the day and being stressed more now than ever.
- Employees continue to wear all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including smocks, gloves and hair nets when entering the warehouse and production facility.
- Business Travel and Non-Essential Visitors coming to CCF have been restricted from entering our building until April 16th.
- Effective Friday March 13th we began working within the new Hours of Service Waivers for food deliveries.
There is much more not listed that we are doing to be proactive and will continue to stay up-to-date on developments of the COVID-19 virus.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have.